A rough demonstration on how to set up subterfuge for those who couldnt figure it out. It cannot get any more automated then this, i love the idea but i think the tool made it too easy. Its probably going to give birth to the largest undeserving bunch of sniffers. I dont like that idea. You may download the PDF version of this guide here.
Deceit used in order to achieve one’s goal.
A statement or action resorted to in order to deceive.
Lets Begin :
1) Download subterfuge here.
2) Direct yourselves to your download directory and type ls to locate subterfugepublicbeta4.3.tar.gz.
3) To unzip, type : tar -zxvf (file name)
4) Once unzipping is done, locate your subterfuge folder. Next type : cd subterfuge.
5) Lets see what they have to say, type : nano README.
6) Lets do what the README says and type : python setup.py install.
7) To do a graphical install, in subterfuge folder type : ./setup.py.
8) Choose full install with depencencies and pressed the install button.
9 ) To start subterfuge, type : subterfuge.
10) Load up your browser and direct yourselves to http://127.0.0.1:80.
11) The various plugins of subterfuge.
12) On the right hand corner, click on the start button.
13) Click Ok on the prompt and subterfuge will begin initialization.
14) Lets take a look at subterfuge terminal.
15) As you can see, everything is automated. It does your ip forwarding, arp poisoning, credential harvester, sslstrip.
16) I have no victims as i am on a company network alone on a Sunday. But if your network is busy, the vulnerable targets will start appearing on your web screen as shown below.
17) All neatly arranged in sections : source , username, password and date of activity.
Authors Note :
1) The author will not be responsible for your action.
2) You may download the PDF version of this guide here
3) This is for educational purposes only.
4) Do NOT harm the innocent.
“We see that substance addictions are only one specific form of blind attachment to harmful ways of being, yet we condemn the addict’s stubborn refusal to give up something deleterious to his life or to the life of others. Why do we despise, ostracize and punish the drug addict, when as a social collective, we share the same blindness and engage in the same rationalizations?”
― Dr.Gabor Maté, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
Installation Demonstration :